Post A Job
Current Job Postings:
- Portage – Manager, Development – Elora
- St. Mary’s General Hospital Foundation – Annual Giving and Donor Relations Manager – Kitchener
Full-time Position, Portage, Elora, ON
Portage is a Canadian non-profit organization that helps people suffering from substance abuse-related problems to overcome their dependencies and live healthy, happy, and productive lives. Portage has various centres in Atlantic Canada, Quebec and Ontario.
In 1985, Portage set up the nation’s first adolescent substance abuse residential rehabilitation program in Ontario. The 40-bed centre is located on a 55-acre rural property in Elora near Guelph. It offers gender-separate programming and a mandatory onsite school accredited by the Ontario Ministry of Education. Treatment is based on the therapeutic community approach. An average stay is six months, followed by 18 months of aftercare to help youth reintegrate into society and maintain sobriety. Clients hail from all parts of Ontario. Admission requests are received through self-referrals, parents, family physicians, schools, CAS and criminal justice system. Portage Ontario provides a safe and secure environment where all youth, regardless of cultural, religious background, or sexual orientation, feel accepted and supported in resolving the issues that may underlie their substance dependency.
This is a new position that is designed to support the growth of Portage in Ontario. Reporting to the Director of Development, Ontario, the successful candidate is a generalist who will bring strong relationship building skills as well as fundraising acumen. The fundraising team is small and works closely and informally, without officialdom but with proven processes.
This position works out of the Ontario Adolescent Centre in Elora. This new role is in direct response to the expansion of programs in Ontario. A key requirement to note is that the Manager is expected to bring professional judgment and focused energy, to building a culture of philanthropy where giving becomes a by-product of a compelling mission and a commitment to relationship building and growth.
Fund Development: Donor Prospecting, Identification, Cultivation, Acquisition and Stewardship (40% of time)
- Works closely with the Associate Director of Development and other staff to develop the most effective fundraising strategies
- Manages special events that include both signature events driven by Portage and third-party events. Pedal for Portage is a fundraising event that raises funds for Portage Residential Treatment Centre in Elora. Portage also works with the community on third-party events that also raise funds and awareness of the Elora Centre.
- Donor development – develops and manages a portfolio of corporate donors/ prospects, small/ medium business donors/ prospects and community groups through identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Focuses on increasing Intermediate donors ($500) to Major Gift levels ($5,000)
- Generates grant proposals in consultation and coordination with the Associate Director of Development
- Ensures donor files are accurate and kept current with status moves, actions, research notes, etc.
Raising Portage’s Profile: Marketing & Communications (40% of time)
- Community Outreach/Public Speaking – Proactively generates public speaking opportunities to speak about Portage’s services and accomplishments
- Makes creative connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated circles.
Volunteer Management (20% of time)
- Develops relationships with and builds a volunteer base with the focus of creating an Advisory Board to support the work of Portage in surrounding communities.
- 7+ years of experience leading successful development of community and events-based fundraising
- Volunteer management experience
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to excellence in customer service while supporting internal/ external stakeholders, volunteers and donors
- Strong communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal) skills as the successful candidate will become the face of Portage Ontario in Central Wellington County
- Strong project management skills – strong event management an asset
- High proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs
- A current driver’s license and use of a car is required. Limited travel to the Toronto office may occur. Frequent travel to meetings in/ around the Central Wellington, Kitchener, Waterloo, London areas is necessary.
- University degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge/ Donor Perfect
- Passion for the mission
- Conversational French
This search is being conducted on behalf of the Portage Ontario Foundation by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by email as two separate documents, in confidence, prior to November 4, 2019 at email@example.com and Fay@crawfordconnect.com cite project #136 in the subject line.
For more information about the position, please contact Fay Rotman at Fay@crawfordconnect.com or 647.338.7706. Priority will be given to early applicants. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Annual Giving & Donor Relations Manager
Full-Time Position, St. Mary’s General Hospital, Kitchener
Located in the heart of Kitchener, St. Mary’s is the second-largest acute care hospital in the St. Joseph’s Health System and a Regional Cardiac Care Centre. It proudly serves the residents of Waterloo, Wellington County, and extends its reach to Dufferin, Grey-Bruce and beyond.
Its nearly 2,000 staff, physicians and volunteers provide excellent, compassionate care to hundreds of thousands of patients and families every year in its core areas of clinical focus: Cardiac Care (Regional Cardiac Centre), Respiratory Care (Level 1 Thoracic Surgery Centre), Outpatient (Day) Surgery, General Medicine, 24/7 Emergency Care.
St. Mary’s General Hospital Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to enhancing patient care at St. Mary’s General Hospital, through the funding of vital equipment and programs.
As ambassadors for the hospital, we commit to engaging the community and providing philanthropic support for both the present and future needs of St. Mary’s.
In addition to larger capital projects, St. Mary’s General Hospital relies upon the Foundation to provide roughly $5 million each year to cover costs related to on-going replacement and enhancement of standard equipment which is not covered by Government funding.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Community Engagement, the Annual Giving & Donor Relations Manager is responsible for the Foundation’s fundraising programs, direct response initiatives, impact reporting, and stewardship planning.
Responsibilities of the Annual Giving & Donor Relations Manager include:
- Leverage industry trends, past year results, and database analysis (generated in partnership with the Database Coordinator) to develop a targeted communications and stewardship activity plan to drive revenue in line with the Foundation’s strategic objectives.
- Lead the concept development, writing, and design of case statements and collateral materials in support of current fundraising initiatives.
- Lead the concept development, writing, design, and distribution strategy of all appeal campaigns, donor impact reporting, and the Annual Community Report.
- Reviewing the results and costs of each direct response campaign to ensure efficiency and to make recommendations for future campaigns, both offline and online.
- Oversee the ongoing enhancement, delivery, and analysis of all fundraising programs, including Grateful Patients, Monthly Giving, In Celebration, and Memorial Giving.
- Oversee the Foundation’s stewardship plan, which includes the development, maintenance and ongoing management of all stewardship materials, oversight of stewardship based events, execution of the stewardship plan, and monitoring compliance across the organization.
- Monitor trends in direct response marketing and stewardship to identify new opportunities and recommend appropriate tests and applications in line with the strategic plan and revenue goals.
- Manage the development and ongoing refinement of the hospital staff recognition program
- Lead the development of a program to encourage physician and staff employee giving.
You are a consummate communicator who possesses excellent writing skills, a passion for storytelling, outstanding attention to detail, and a proven ability to proofread.
- You have a positive attitude, excellent people skills, and enthusiasm for donor-centred fundraising.
- You have a high degree of fluency in direct mail marketing, and a demonstrated track record of impressive fundraising results.
- You have a curious mind and experience analyzing and interpreting database reporting to identify trends and patterns.
- You are an organized and adept multi-tasker; able to manage simultaneously and effectively prioritize, multiple projects and deadlines.
- You are happy working in a fast-paced environment and possess the ability to shift gears as required to address changes in priorities.
- You are a self-starter who is keen to take the initiative to identify new opportunities and areas of improvement.
- You can effectively manage projects on your own, but also appreciate the value of teamwork, and are willing to support the work of your colleagues to ensure the best outcome for a shared objective.
- You have an eye for design, and experience working with agency partners to bring communications objectives to life.
- A diploma, degree, or equivalent experience in communications, marketing, fundraising, non-profit or related area.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a fundraising role; preferably one which involved writing as a primary responsibility.
- Experience in the development and analysis of direct mail programs.
- Expert in the use of all Microsoft Office products.
- Skill in the use of Raisers Edge or a similar CRM database is considered an asset.
- Experience working in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Adobe Illustrator is considered an asset.
- A willingness to work outside of office hours to support Foundation events as required.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter on interest in one document/attachment online no later than October 18, 2019
We thank all applicants for applying and appreciate the effort involved to do so; however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
St. Mary’s General Hospital Foundation
911 Queen’s Boulevard
Kitchener, On, N2M 1B2