Post A Job
Current Job Postings:
- St. Mary’s General Hospital Foundation – Annual Giving and Donor Relations Manager
Annual Giving & Donor Relations Manager
St. Mary’s General Hospital
Located in the heart of Kitchener, St. Mary’s is the second-largest acute care hospital in the St. Joseph’s Health System and a Regional Cardiac Care Centre. It proudly serves the residents of Waterloo, Wellington County, and extends its reach to Dufferin, Grey-Bruce and beyond.
Its nearly 2,000 staff, physicians and volunteers provide excellent, compassionate care to hundreds of thousands of patients and families every year in its core areas of clinical focus: Cardiac Care (Regional Cardiac Centre), Respiratory Care (Level 1 Thoracic Surgery Centre), Outpatient (Day) Surgery, General Medicine, 24/7 Emergency Care.
St. Mary’s General Hospital Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to enhancing patient care at St. Mary’s General Hospital, through the funding of vital equipment and programs.
As ambassadors for the hospital, we commit to engaging the community and providing philanthropic support for both the present and future needs of St. Mary’s.
In addition to larger capital projects, St. Mary’s General Hospital relies upon the Foundation to provide roughly $5 million each year to cover costs related to on-going replacement and enhancement of standard equipment which is not covered by Government funding.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Community Engagement, the Annual Giving & Donor Relations Manager is responsible for the Foundation’s fundraising programs, direct response initiatives, impact reporting, and stewardship planning.
Responsibilities of the Annual Giving & Donor Relations Manager include:
- Leverage industry trends, past year results, and database analysis (generated in partnership with the Database Coordinator) to develop a targeted communications and stewardship activity plan to drive revenue in line with the Foundation’s strategic objectives.
- Lead the concept development, writing, and design of case statements and collateral materials in support of current fundraising initiatives.
- Lead the concept development, writing, design, and distribution strategy of all appeal campaigns, donor impact reporting, and the Annual Community Report.
- Reviewing the results and costs of each direct response campaign to ensure efficiency and to make recommendations for future campaigns, both offline and online.
- Oversee the ongoing enhancement, delivery, and analysis of all fundraising programs, including Grateful Patients, Monthly Giving, In Celebration, and Memorial Giving.
- Oversee the Foundation’s stewardship plan, which includes the development, maintenance and ongoing management of all stewardship materials, oversight of stewardship based events, execution of the stewardship plan, and monitoring compliance across the organization.
- Monitor trends in direct response marketing and stewardship to identify new opportunities and recommend appropriate tests and applications in line with the strategic plan and revenue goals.
- Manage the development and ongoing refinement of the hospital staff recognition program
- Lead the development of a program to encourage physician and staff employee giving.
You are a consummate communicator who possesses excellent writing skills, a passion for storytelling, outstanding attention to detail, and a proven ability to proofread.
- You have a positive attitude, excellent people skills, and enthusiasm for donor-centred fundraising.
- You have a high degree of fluency in direct mail marketing, and a demonstrated track record of impressive fundraising results.
- You have a curious mind and experience analyzing and interpreting database reporting to identify trends and patterns.
- You are an organized and adept multi-tasker; able to manage simultaneously and effectively prioritize, multiple projects and deadlines.
- You are happy working in a fast-paced environment and possess the ability to shift gears as required to address changes in priorities.
- You are a self-starter who is keen to take the initiative to identify new opportunities and areas of improvement.
- You can effectively manage projects on your own, but also appreciate the value of teamwork, and are willing to support the work of your colleagues to ensure the best outcome for a shared objective.
- You have an eye for design, and experience working with agency partners to bring communications objectives to life.
- A diploma, degree, or equivalent experience in communications, marketing, fundraising, non-profit or related area.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a fundraising role; preferably one which involved writing as a primary responsibility.
- Experience in the development and analysis of direct mail programs.
- Expert in the use of all Microsoft Office products.
- Skill in the use of Raisers Edge or a similar CRM database is considered an asset.
- Experience working in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Adobe Illustrator is considered an asset.
- A willingness to work outside of office hours to support Foundation events as required.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter on interest in one document/attachment online no later than October 18, 2019
We thank all applicants for applying and appreciate the effort involved to do so; however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
St. Mary’s General Hospital Foundation
911 Queen’s Boulevard
Kitchener, On, N2M 1B2