Full-time Permanent Position, Kitchener, ON
Located in the heart of Kitchener, St. Mary’s is the second-largest acute care hospital in the St. Joseph’s Health System and is a Regional Cardiac Care Centre. It proudly serves the residents of Waterloo, Wellington County, and extends its reach to Dufferin, Grey-Bruce and beyond.
Its nearly 2,000 staff, physicians and volunteers provide excellent, compassionate care to hundreds of thousands of patients and families every year in its core areas of clinical focus: Cardiac Care (Regional Cardiac Centre), Respiratory Care (Level 1 Thoracic Surgery Centre), Outpatient (Day) Surgery, General Medicine, 24/7 Emergency Care.
While the Foundation was formally incorporated in 1986 to act as the official fundraising arm of the hospital, St. Mary’s has counted on the generosity of its community since 1924. Its goal is to tell the stories that make the hospital great and to ask the community to invest in St. Mary’s mission of healing and hope.
This is a new position that is designed to support the growth of our organization.
Accountable to the Director of Leadership Development and working in partnership with the Foundation team, the Development Officer will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gift donors and prospects in support of the annual goals and objectives of St. Mary’s General Hospital Foundation. This position is also responsible for recruitment of event sponsors. Key responsibilities include:
Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
Above all we are looking for a great team player with the ability to contribute quickly and with enthusiasm towards the donor-centered fundraising approach.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in one document/attachment by email.
Closing date: February 19th, 2020.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
St. Mary’s General Hospital Foundation
911 Queen’s Boulevard, Kitchener, ON N2M 1B2
Full-time Position, Toronto, ON
About Camp Quality Canada
Camp Quality Canada strives to provide empowering camp experiences for kids with cancer and blood disorders. Our philosophy is that together, we can do anything, be anything and achieve everything. We have the power to turn life’s challenges into adventures.
Originally founded in Australia in the 1980s, the Camp Quality name quickly spread throughout the world. Today, there are 6 independent Camp Quality organizations operating in 6 countries around the world. With a dedicated team of nearly 400 volunteers across Canada, CQ delivers uplifting camp experiences to children with cancer and blood disorders, and their families. Camp Quality Canada is a small staff team of 5.5 FTE based in Toronto.
You can find out more about CQ at www.campquality.org Purpose of the Position The Fundraising Manager (FM) role is primarily office based. The FM will work alongside the Executive Director (ED) and Events & Marketing Manager (EMM) to implement a new fundraising strategy and increase overall fundraising revenue nationwide. The FM will also work closely with the 6 regional Volunteer Fundraising Coordinators and the Board Fundraising Committee.
• Work with the ED and EMM to execute the annual Fundraising Strategy to raise $1.1 million, and assist in the creation of the new Fundraising Strategy for the coming year
• Manage incoming donations and donor stewardship
• Actively utilize the GiftWorks donor CRM database
• Oversee and support donation processing and receipting with the Administrative Coordinator (ensure CRA guidelines are followed)
• Grant and proposal writing and management of grant pipeline (including reporting)
• Focus on annual donors at the under $500 level (approximately a $100,000 value total)
• Lead the creation and execution of spring and holiday campaigns
• Assist with donor prospect research as needed
• Support the 6 regional Volunteer Fundraising Coordinators and provide monthly donation reports
• Secure in-kind and corporate sponsorships at the $500 and under level
• Support the Events & Marketing Manager with the signature Bay Street Kicks and Axe
Cancer events, and other third-party community fundraising events as needed
• Participate in the Fundraising & Marketing Committee with the Board of Directors
• Act as a Camp Quality ambassador which may include speaking at events
Marketing & Communications:
• Participate in social media management
• Assist in the creation of quarterly newsletters
• Lead the creation of the Annual Report
• Assist in basic graphic design (posters, etc.)
• Other duties as needed in our team focused staff culture
Competencies, Skills and Qualifications
Compensation and Details
Based out of the Camp Quality office at 1444 Queen Street East, Toronto
If you would like to apply for this role, please email a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this particular role and your interest in our cause, along with a current resume listing your qualifications and experience, and a grant/letter sample (optional) to:
Jarvis Strong, Executive Director, by Monday March 2nd, 2019
*Preference will be given to applicants who include a sample of a grant or fundraising campaign letter that they wrote.