Post A Job
COMMUNITY EVENTS COORDINATOR: FULL TIME PERMANENT
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is seeking an outgoing, adaptable and organized Community Events Coordinator, to work in collaboration with the Chapter Development team to support volunteers in achieving event-related goals.
The Community Events Coordinator strategically engages leadership volunteers and supports events of all sizes across Canada while developing new events-based revenue sources. This role is both a relationship-building role and a task-focused role, ideal for a candidate with previous experience in managing/engaging volunteers and/or planning fundraising events.
Reporting to the Manager of Chapter Development, this position is based out of the National office in Kitchener, ON. This position is 37.5 hours per week. The incumbent will be required to travel and attend events (both provincially and nationally), so that will require work on some evenings and/or weekends.
- Chapter/Community Events Development – events total over 125 events across Canada annually
- Support volunteers in planning and developing events, acting as an information resource on event ideas and trends, revenue-generating strategies, sponsorship requests, lottery licenses, risk and insurance and more
- Achieve/exceed event revenue goals through strategic support of events and identification of new revenue opportunities
- Attend Chapter/Fundraising planning meetings and events where possible/appropriate
- Develop support materials such as e-blasts, press releases, brochures, fundraising websites and post-event reports
- Manage internal documents for tracking of event-related tasks and deadlines including event calendars, third party contracts, and volunteer lists
- Admin support as needed (i.e. preparing meeting agendas, minutes and communications for national Chapter meetings, compiling Chapter newsletter material)
- Volunteer Development:
- Support the recruitment, training, retention and recognition of volunteers to grow capacity
- Maintain fundraising volunteer development program
- Facilitate increased information sharing between events, HSC Chapters and volunteers
- Represent event volunteers and needs throughout the organization
- Supports National Events including:
- the bi-annual National Conferences
- the bi-annual National Community Education Forums
- the annual Young People Affected by Huntington Disease (YPAHD) Days
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary degree with specialization in event management, marketing, public relations or fundraising preferred. (A combination of work experience/education will be considered)
- 2-3 years event and/or volunteer management experience is required
- Experience working with volunteers, with a focus on customer service
- Proven experience working on multiple simultaneous projects and assessing and setting priorities
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail as they are key elements of this role to manage the demands of the position and to ensure we are providing great service to the volunteers.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, completing exceptional work on a tight timeline
- Self-starter with the ability to guide work independently while keeping team apprised of progress
- Demonstrated ability for proofreading
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe InDesign
- Experience managing social media, with a focus on Facebook
- Experience with WordPress is an asset
- Experience with Frontstream (formerly Artez), as well as Raiser’s Edge would be an asset
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charity dedicated to a world free from Huntington disease (HD). For more than four decades HSC has strived for excellence by providing practical help for families grappling with HD, increasing national and international awareness of HD, advocating for public policy change, and investing in cutting edge Canadian biomedical and clinical research to slow and prevent this disease.
HSC is a unified organization that connects a community of Canadians including researchers, donors, advocates and the HD Community to change the reality of families living with this neurological disease.
Resumes with cover letters can be emailed to HR@huntingtonsociety.ca and will be accepted until
NOON (EDT) Wednesday April 24th, 2019.
Please enter “Community Events Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.
Only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
HSC will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.