Post A Job
Current Job Postings:
Huntington Society of Canada
Community Events and Fundraising Specialist – Full-time
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charity dedicated to a world free from Huntington disease (HD). For 47 years, HSC has strived for excellence by providing practical help for families grappling with HD, increasing national and international awareness of HD, advocating for public policy change, and investing in cutting edge Canadian biomedical and clinical research to slow and prevent this disease.
HSC is a unified organization that connects a community of Canadians including researchers, donors, advocates and the HD Community to change the reality of families living with this neurological disease.
We are a dynamic and supportive team that looks to grow our people, through professional development opportunities. Together, we are part of a well-funded, stable organization that we are also looking to grow, in order to create a better future for those impacted by HD.
HSC is seeking an outgoing, adaptable and organized Community Events & Fundraising Specialist, to work in collaboration with the Chapter Development team to grow revenue through the development and support of fundraising events and events-based partnerships.
The Community Events & Fundraising Specialist strategically engages leadership volunteers and supports events of all sizes across Canada while developing new events-based revenue sources. This role is both a relationship-building role and a task-focused role, ideal for a candidate with previous experience in fundraising and/or planning fundraising events.
Reporting to the Manager of Chapter Development, this position is based out of the National office in Kitchener, ON. This position is 37.5 hours per week. The successful candidate is expected to travel regularly within Ontario and occasionally out-of-province to meet with volunteer and Chapter members, as well as to attend events. These events and meetings will also result in evening and weekend hours several times per month.
Strategic Partnerships and Revenue Development
- Achieve/exceed event revenue goals through strategic support of events and identification of new revenue opportunities
- Identify, solicit and develop community partnerships leading to new event revenue
- Strategically identify new events and event-based opportunities for additional revenue
- Strengthen and expand upon existing 3rd party events resources and outreach approaches
Chapter/Community Events Support – events total over 150 events across Canada annually
- Support volunteers in planning and developing events, acting as an information resource on event ideas and trends, revenue-generating strategies, sponsorship requests, lottery licenses, risk and insurance and more
- Attend Chapter/Fundraising planning meetings and events where possible/appropriate
- Develop support materials such as e-blasts, press releases, brochures, fundraising websites and post-event reports
- Manage internal documents for tracking of event-related tasks and deadlines including event calendars, third party contracts, and volunteer lists
- Admin support as needed (i.e. preparing meeting agendas, minutes and communications for national Chapter meetings, compiling Chapter newsletter material)
- Support the recruitment, training, retention and recognition of volunteers to grow capacity
- Facilitate increased information sharing between events, HSC Chapters and volunteers
- Represent event volunteers and needs throughout the organization
Supports National Events including:
- The biennial National Conferences
- The biennial National Community Education Forums
- The annual Young People Affected by Huntington Disease (YPAHD) Days
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary degree with specialization in event management or fundraising preferred. (A combination of work experience/education will be considered)
- 3-5 years fundraising and/or fundraising event experience is required
- A track record of results in growing and expanding revenue through events and other opportunities
- Proven experience working on multiple simultaneous projects and assessing and setting priorities
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail as they are key elements of this role to manage the demands of the position and to ensure we are providing great service to the volunteers.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, completing exceptional work on a tight timeline
- Experience working with volunteers, with a focus on customer service
- Self-starter with the ability to guide work independently while keeping team apprised of progress
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe InDesign
- Experience managing social media, with a focus on Facebook •Experience with WordPress is an asset
- Experience with online/peer-to-peer fundraising softwares, as well as Raiser’s Edge would be an asset
Resumes with cover letters can be emailed to HR@huntingtonsociety.ca and will be accepted until NOON (EDT) Friday, August 16th, 2019.
Please enter “Community Events & Fundraising Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
Only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
HSC will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.