Since its foundation in 1970, Portage has helped thousands of people regain control of their lives through specialized addiction rehabilitation programs for adolescents, adults, pregnant women and mothers with young children, substance abusers with mental health problem
Portage’s treatment approach is based on the therapeutic community in its many centers in the Atlantic,
Québec and Ontario.
The Manager, Development – Portage Ontario will be a member of the Portage team reporting to the Director of Development – Portage Ontario. S/he will work closely with the other Manager, Development. In addition, s/he will liaise regularly with colleagues in Montreal and the staff at the Portage treatment Centre in Elora.
This position works out of the Portage treatment Centre in Elora. Some limited travel to the Toronto office may occur. Frequent travel to meetings in/ around the Centre Wellington, Kitchener, Waterloo, London areas is necessary.
A key requirement to note is that the Manager is expected to bring professional judgment and focused energy, to building a culture of philanthropy where giving becomes a by-product of a compelling mission and a commitment to relationship building and growth.
Out of all above arise the following:
- Working in consultation with the Director of Development, establish community fundraising goals, metrics and priorities.
- In collaboration with staff, volunteers and donors execute community fundraising events & activities.
- Work with Communications to support community fundraising and special events’ needs.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of corporate donors/ prospects, small/ medium business donors/ prospects and community groups through identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Work with internal stakeholders to evaluate existing fundraising activities and develop strategies and plans that lead to growth and efficiencies.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, define and execute donor stewardship plans.
- Monitor performance of programs according to defined goals and metrics.
- Ensure full compliance with all policies, best practices and standards of AFP as it relates to professional fundraising and relationship management.
- Foster a culture of sincere appreciation for community development, engagement and volunteerism.
- Create, develop and sustain development activities to ensure life-long community engagement and support.
- Successfully integrate a donor centred fundraising approach throughout Portage Ontario.
We are looking for :
- A University degree preferably in fundraising or business.
- 7+ years of experience leading successful development of community and events based fundraising.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to excellence in customer service while supporting internal/ external stakeholders, volunteers and donors.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills. This person would represent Portage Ontario to various external stakeholders and be required to make presentations.
- Experience working with volunteers would be considered a strong asset.
- Results driven work ethic coupled with analytic and project management skills.
- High proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge/ Donor Perfect would be beneficial.
- A current driver’s license and use of a car is required.
- Due to the nature of the working conditions of this role, a satisfactory vulnerable sector record check is mandatory for this position. While a job offer will be made to the most suitable candidate after a satisfactory criminal record check, it shall remain conditional, for up to four months, until receipt of a satisfactory vulnerable sector check from the candidate.
Position: full-time, 35 h per week
Schedule: day shift, Monday to Friday
Salary: according to the salary grid
Please direct your letter of interest along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received until a suitable candidate is selected. No resumes will be accepted after January, 18, 2019.